Online Counseling Programs in Illinois
- Adler University: Students that hail from the state of Illinois can take advantage of Adler University’s online Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. This program can promote further learning and success for students that engage in it, which may be why so many students choose this university for their degree program. Featuring online coursework throughout the duration of the program, students can exercise their freedom to schedule courses around their personal and professional lifestyle. Students do not have to complete the GRE in order to be considered to this program. This program may be completed in around 2 years and may include a supervised work experience requirement prior to graduation.
- Bradley University: Bradley University also offers accredited online degree programs for students interested in flexible degree options. Students can choose either the Clinical Mental Health Counseling route or School Counseling. Online courses for these programs include all-inclusive aspects of teacher-student learning, all conducted through an easy-to-use online platform. Each program may require that students complete 60 credit hours in order to graduate, with residency requirements blended in to the general curriculum.
- Northwestern University: Northwestern University is a well-known and reputable school for residents of Illinois to consider for their counseling degree program. In terms of accredited and online programs, students can choose to pursue a Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling through this university. While in this program, students can blend their online learning with more than 60 supervised field training opportunities and 100 hours of clinical training each practicum. Students may be required to submit GRE scores prior to being accepted into this program. Most students complete this program within 2 to 3 years on average.
We have 66 counseling degrees in Illinois in our directory.
Choosing to become a counselor is one of the most rewarding decisions a person can make. Counselors work with society to assist in adjustment to daily life, understanding and controlling stress, and successfully managing relationships.
These services can provide help to people from varying backgrounds. Lives can be changed dramatically with the help from counseling professionals, and Illinois in an excellent place to start.
With a population nearing 13 million, Illinois is a popular place to live. Home to the hub city of Chicago, it tops the charts in revenue and tourism. The high number of people in the state needs representation in the field of counseling.
Counseling Programs in Illinois
The growing number of people indicates a future need for qualified professionals, making counseling a smart choice for future students. As a profession, counseling provides for a stable yearly income of $42,170 on average.
Undergraduate Degrees in Counseling in Illinois
Careers are available at every degree level in counseling. As an undergraduate, professionals can gain entry into field concerning mental health or customer service. The broad spectrum of opportunity for these professionals makes this degree program an ideal choice for students.
Graduate Degrees in Counseling in Illinois
Graduate degree programs put students in line for professional licensure, which can pay off in a professional setting. After graduation, those holding master’s or doctoral degrees may apply for licensure through the state of Illinois.
Illinois Counseling Degrees
- 66 different counseling degrees in Illinois
- Most popular city for counseling is Chicago, one of the largest cities in the United States
- The most popular degree offering at Illinois universities is the Master’s Degree in Counseling, but unlike many other states, Illinois also has a large number of colleges with Associate’s in Counseling degrees.